Week #4, Drawing

For week 4, I practiced drawing human emotions. This was a challenge for me as drawing human emotions has always been something I struggle with. Often, I end up just drawing a plain emotionless face.
So, to challenge myself and practice, I participated in the Drawing "expressions challenge" and conducted an experiment to see if listening to music helped me express my emotions on paper better. In the past couple days, I definitely improved my drawing skills! Here's how,


This photo is the "drawing expressions challenge" that I participated in. The rules are simple, All you have to do is choose an emotion to draw and attempt to draw it in your own style. I chose four emotions, including, A3, B2, C3 and D1. 

 
This was my attempt at the drawing expressions challenge...
This challenge really helped me improve draw emotions. It challenged me and helped me explore new and better ways to draw emotions.
I also conducted a little experiment to see if listening to music could help me express emotions better.
These were the drawings,


For Happiness, I listened to bob Marley, for anger I listened to "love runs out" by onerepublic, for sadness I listened to julien bakers album 'turn off the lights" and lastly for calm, I listened to calming music on YouTube (link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QUkXHLNTSDA)

Both these activities really helped my improve drawing emotions. The music activity helped me better express emotions and the expressions challenge challenged me and helped me improve my skills!  I recommend trying these practices they really helped!


If your interested in the "The Drawing expressions challenge" all you have to do is google "drawing expressions challenge" and choose an image of your choice. Her is the link to the image I used:
https://www.deviantart.com/bluebirdsandcanaries/art/We-Back-With-Them-EXPRESSIONS-BOIZ-763499685


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week #5

Week #4